A CIO’s success depends on how well he/she influences a variety of internal and external people/teams, and it is particularly difficult to get things done when dealing with a random group of people that he/she doesn’t directly manage. Influence management is the ability to influence others, especially those that an IT leader may lack direct influence over. How important is this skill for a CIO? How can an IT leader develop this skill?
Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, SoundCloud, TuneIn, and Stitcher. Find other syndication channels here or search CIO Talk Network podcast on any other app.
- Is CIO Succession Planning Still Relevant?
- A CIO’s Performance Appraisal
- The Sixth Sense of Leadership
- CIO: Chief ‘Influence’ Officer
- Strategic or Nimble – Which is the Best Approach for Today’s CIO?
- Are OLD Style CIO’s Ready for The NEW NORMAL?
- The CIO as ‘part Churchill, part Mother Theresa, part Kamikaze pilot’
- The Essential CIO