Today’s students are struggling with high admission costs, a tough job market and poor graduation rates in an education system that’s failing them. Education reform is currently on the table, but while online courses and new software might be a next step, they’re not the transformative force the industry needs. Big Data on the other hand is designed to be personal, predictive and analytical. Not only can it enable higher education schools to address admissions and financial aid, but it can go a long way to making school count for our kids. So in what ways is Big Data being implemented throughout the education ecosystem, and how can we innovate on the whole?
- Charlie McMahon, Vice President of IT and Chief Technology Officer, Tulane University
- David Kuntz, VP Research & Adaptive Learning, Knewton Inc.
Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, SoundCloud, TuneIn, and Stitcher. Find other syndication channels here or search CIO Talk Network podcast on any other app.
- Is Data Analytics helping increase the impact of K12 Education?
- Keeping Higher Education Viable Through Technology
- Education Faculty’s Survival in a Digital Age
- Security Challenges in Education Today
- Can IT Improve Education Governance & Business Sustainability?
- Can Predictive Analytics Boost Graduation Rates?
- Smarter Government through Big Data
- Developing a Big Data Workforce