Energy Informatics is about using IS to collect information on energy usage, so that it can be optimized to save energy and money! For example, IS collects information from sensors to tell if a room is being used, and turn off energy when it isn’t, or collects information to identify more efficient driving routes to save on gas. While many US CIOs support Green IT, they’ve lagged on adopting Informatics. What will it take for IT to plug into this new approach to saving energy?
- Richard Thomas Watson, J. Rex Fuqua Distinguished Chair for Internet Strategy, Terry College, University of Georgia, SIM APC Research Director
Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, SoundCloud, TuneIn, and Stitcher. Find other syndication channels here or search CIO Talk Network podcast on any other app.
- Energy Transformation Through Imagination
- The Real Renewable Energy Problem
- Making Renewable Energy A Lasting Priority
- Plugging IT into the energy industry
- Smart Grid: Not an option, but a necessity for Utilities
- Smart Grid is Backbone to Building Smart Cities
- The Smart City Project: Infrastructure, Industry and Citizens
- Business Value of IT in Utilities Industry