AdvantageCare Physicians (ACPNY), now a part of EmblemHealth Family of Companies, forming a payvider (payer + provider) entity, has been focused on practicing community health across the New York City Metro area. During the pandemic, EmblemHealth and ACPNY developed technological measures to assist patients with staying up to date with their health journeys. In addition, they use the infrastructure built beyond the pandemic to empower patients using their collective strengths. So why did these two entities come together to form this unique payvider model for healthcare delivery?
What challenges did the patient/provider encounter during the pandemic, which they addressed as a cohesive unit leveraging creative technology solutions despite barriers to technology access and lack of technology literacy, among other constraints? How must such technology solutions evolve to meet the shifting needs of members/patients?
- Tom MacMillan, Chief Information Officer, EmblemHealth
- Dr. Julie Patel-Pannullo, Vice President of Clinical Innovation, AdvantageCare Physicians
Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, iHeartRadio, SoundCloud, TuneIn, and Stitcher. Find other syndication channels here or search CIO Talk Network podcast on any other app.
- A Journey to a Better Patient Care Lifecycle: A Case Study in Mobility
- Vision Enabled MedTech for Improved Patient Care
- The One-Stop Guide to Patient-Centered Care for Healthcare CIOs
- Adopting AI and Machine Learning in Healthcare
- How can IoHT Improve Healthcare?
- Streamlining Healthcare Data Retention and Integration
- Roadmap to Secure HealthCare Delivery
- Healthcare IT: Finding The EHR Roadmap
- Cheaper, Better, and Safer Healthcare: IT Innovation Can Help!
- Rethinking Health IT for Patient Centered Care
- Patient Centric Health Care Through IT!