Ideally, healthcare providers should avoid unnecessary admissions and readmissions and work instead to improve their patient population’s health and hospital experience. This may require getting timely, high quality metrics on factors such as emergency room efficiency, cost management, patient flow, staff productivity, clinical outcomes, efficacy of treatment, and “Meaningful Use”. This, in turn, would require high quality, near real time, highly actionable analytics which will be delivered leveraging state of the art operational, clinical, and financial analytics platforms. Are we just getting started with these platforms or riding the maturity curve? What related people, process, and technology challenges will have to be overcome before accountable care can be delivered consistently and reliably?
Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, SoundCloud, TuneIn, and Stitcher. Find other syndication channels here or search CIO Talk Network podcast on any other app.
- Driving Employee Relevance and Performance
- Driving Change the Delaware Way
- Driving Practical R&D and Innovation
- How to be an Effective Analytics Leader?
- Meeting Healthcare Big Data Pre-Requisites
- Promoting Maturity through Analytics
- Smarter Government through Big Data
- Big Data’s Movie Magic
- The Smart Grid Big Data Challenge