The University of Arizona, wanting to deliver a consumer-grade, integrated, digital experience for its students, blended user-centered design and business architecture methodologies to uncover students’ top priorities and assess how best to deliver on each need based on the current platforms in its portfolio. Differentiating each platform’s role, unifying the experience across them, and deciding when to bridge gaps with full-stack custom applications was no easy task. In addition, remaining user-centric in the face of legacy platforms and budget constraints required a meet-in-the-middle approach. How best is the institution using the platforms it already has to address high priority needs of its end-users? How is it gearing up to remain user-centric in the face of platform constraints?
- Darcy Van Patten, Chief Technology Officer, University of Arizona
- Jennifer Ludwig, Director, Strategic Interventions & Data Management, University of Arizona
- Alex Underwood, University Registrar, University of Arizona
Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, iHeartRadio, SoundCloud, TuneIn, and Stitcher. Find other syndication channels here or search CIO Talk Network podcast on any other app.
- Steps to Practical, Predictable, and Scalable Mobile-Centric End User Experience
- Building an Elastic, People-Centric Business, Focused on Now
- Delivering Smiles Every Time: A Case Study
- Feeding Innovation Through Lean IT: A Case Study
- Arkansas’ Easier Path to Financial Aid: A Mobility Case Study
- A Journey to a Better Patient Care Lifecycle: A Case Study in Mobility
- Steps to Digital-Enabled Contract Lifecycle Management
- Managing The Digital Talent Lifecycle