Caring for a sick patient in a hospital is a long, delicate process. Physicians need to be informed of a patient’s status such that they can make decisions about their care and provide steps to recovery. The Ottawa Hospital realized that this lifecycle needed to be less cumbersome and more focused on the patient. Introducing mobility to the hospital in targeted sectors was a way to provide patient care with more efficiency and quality. But a few tablets didn’t solve all their problems. What was their journey in leveraging mobility to deliver the next level of patient care, and what lessons can they provide to other hospitals looking to make mobility a priority?
- Valerie Gamache-O. Leary, CIO, The Ottawa Hospital
Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, SoundCloud, TuneIn, and Stitcher. Find other syndication channels here or search CIO Talk Network podcast on any other app.
- Vision Enabled MedTech for Improved Patient Care
- Bringing Smarts into Patient Care
- How Social Media Monitoring Can Improve Patient Care
- Maintaining Health IT Toolset for Patient Centered Care
- The One-Stop Guide to Patient-Centered Care for Healthcare CIOs
- Rethinking Health IT for Patient Centered Care
- Can Your Health IT Deliver Patient-Centered Care?
- Patient Centric Health Care Through IT!
- The State of Value-Based Care